HOW TO USE YOUR PLUNGE FOR ACTIVISM
Take your plunge a step further and send a message to your representative on Capitol Hill and your state legislature. Join us in telling them that climate must be a priority in 2021. Use your plunge to tell Congress that they must pass an infrastructure package that includes a 100 percent clean electricity standard by 2035, before the August recess.
1. MAKE SIGNS TO TAKE PHOTOS WITH AND RECORD A PLUNGE VIDEO: Get your cardboard and art materials ready because we're making signs! A big part of the plunge is showing up and sending a collective message for climate solutions. This year will be no different. We’re asking you to make signs and to take photos and videos of your plunge. We will then compile them into a video to be shared with each other and our leaders. Here are some suggestions on what to say and write on your signs:
- Congress: 100% clean electricity by 2035
- Congress: Show our planet 100% LOVE
- "I’m taking the polar plunge for our climate and 100% clean electricity by 2035"
- "Our climate can't wait - I'm plunging to Keep Winter Cold by calling on our elected officials to act NOW"
Please send all plunge videos and photos to our team at [email protected]
2. SPREAD THE WORK AND SHARE YOUR PLUNGE ON SOCIAL MEDIA: Be sure to share your plunge videos and photos on social media using our hashtag #KeepWinterCold and #TakeThePlunge. Tag your representatives and CCAN in your social posts too (@CCAN on Twitter and @ChesapeakeClimate on Facebook and Instagram).
3. SHARE YOUR PLUNGE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS WITH CCAN: Send your plunge photos and videos to [email protected] and we will compile them into a video to share with you and your representatives.
4. SEND AN EMAIL TO YOUR SENATOR: During the the plunge we are asking plungers to send emails to their representatives in support of a 100 percent clean electricity standard by 2035. You can send your email by clicking here!